Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Old Rag Mountain 7/29/08










Today we hiked Old Rag Mountain.  This was Tisa's grand idea. :) Brooke just wanted to go camping and the next thing you know, we are hiking, rock climbing and shimmying our way around cliffs.  HeeeHeee.  This trip was very challenging for me.  I feel like I kept up pretty well, all the while trying to maintain morale for the little girls.  I truly didn't realize the extent of the hike or I may have left the little ones at home.  They did fairly well though, with the help of Tisa, Brooke and Brooke's sister, Faye.  
The weather was good, although a little warm, we seemed to be on the right side of the mountain at the appropriate shadey times.  

Lilah, a.k.a. princess, was a little whiney on the way up until she came to the rock climbing.  "I love rocks", she says.  Makenah had issues with squatting in the woods, and twice was crying about her stomach hurting, etc.  Finally, I made her squat, she made a waterfall, and we moved on.  Hannah wanted to keep up with the teenage boys accompanying Tisa, Thomas and Mikey.  No complaining from her was noted.  We saw a deer, a bear and a few centipedes.   

This was a very satisfying hike for me.  I felt good about completing it.  I could not have made it last summer at 24olbs.  I would have been wedged between some of the rock formations awaiting weight loss to move on.  

Thanks for challenging me Tisa!



No comments: