Saturday, August 2, 2008

Funny!

Palmer Freak Fest & Pierre Dynamic Duo

This has been quite a week.  Last Sunday, I started to mentally prepare for this upcoming 1/2 marathon in November.  I started with a long run of 5 miles with Tisa(who is running with me(:).  On Tuesday, I went hiking to Old Rag Mountain (see prev post).  Just after I fell asleep that night, I got a call to come be with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law for the birth of their twins, who came at 28 weeks (little stinkers!)  What an amazing event, although a little stressful for me to be with them and feel like I was the best patient advocate I could be.  It can be an awkward position to be in to be taking care of a family member during a birth.  My friend Sarah was a great primary nurse to Becky and I was able to mainly be a support person.  All of my fellow L/D nurses were great to her...Lisa...Debbie...Sara...Stacy...Amanda, our tech.  Thanks guys!

I had to work 12 hours that day after only a few hours of sleep in one of the call rooms.  My muscles were starting to hurt at this point.  I really thought I was in better shape.  This hike kicked my butt!  Thursday continued with sore muscles.  I tried not to complain too much.  Friday after work I wanted to run 5.5 miles so I could do my long run with Tisa, but we were both easily persuaded to only complete 3.  It was a hot, humid evening and we were both feeling PITIFUL!  We were able to complete the 3 miles.  

Today, I have tried to focus on cleaning my house which gangs up on me when I work a few days in a row.  I somehow convinced Doug to clean the downstairs and mop the kitchen which makes me soooo happy.  

My plan is to do a long run of 5.5 miles in the am.  I will start adding a 1/2 mile to each long run on the weekends in preparation for the 1/2 marathon.  

I found this funny quote...love it.  I think maybe, though, I am making some of my friends crazy talking about running all the time.  Oh well!

"Why aren't you signed up for the 401k?  I'd never be able to run that far."--Scott Adams, Dilbert (4/2/01)

No comments: