Sunday, November 16, 2008

13 Miles DONE!

We did it!  13 miles, actually 13.1.  The official time was 2:31:32.  I wanted to finish in under 2:30, but I am happy none the less.  It's hard to believe the day finally came and went.  I actually paid for this run back in March and so much of the recent months has revolved around this event.  I know I have driven friends, family and coworkers crazy with training schedules, cross-training, race reports, new shoes, sore muscles, etc.......

Here we are at the finish line.....Me, Tisa and Karen!! I am so proud of all 3 of us.  Each one sacrificed in a different way to be able to complete this run! 

Tisa and I crossed the line together.  We stayed with Karen up to the last 3/4 mile.  She started wheezing around mile 7 and I was worried for her breathing a few times, but she toughed it out!
Usually I am the photographer, but I turned it over to Doug for the race.  This is a fun shot of our shoes.  The fourth set is our friend Valerie.  She ran the 8k that morning with a great time of 50 min.  Way to go Val!


Nora and Doug took the kids ahead in the race to see us.  We kept looking for them after mile 6 and were starting to get discouraged as we did not see them for a while.  Then at mile 9, here they are manning a water station.  When they arrived, there were no volunteers, so they jumped in to help.  Since we were in the middle of the pack, they must have seen about 2000 runners before us.  How cool.  They were also able to land some of the great volunteer shirts which I liked better than the technical shirt that was part of the entry fee.

Here we are at the end.  So proud of us!!!!!
Volunteers, Makenah and Thomas (Tisa's son)  Happy Birthday,  Thomas!



1 comment:

Marathon Maritza said...

Congratulations!!! Job well done!!