Saturday, November 22, 2008

Post 1/2 Blah

Not sure why, but since the 1/2 last week, I have been feeling blah!  Not sure if I am disappointed in how  I felt during the run or not meeting my 2:30 goal or what.  But, I haven't run or made it to the gym at all this week.  I have read about this happening after you have set such a big goal, completed it and then think....now what!?!?  I am setting my sites on another 1/2 in March '09.  The Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach.

The challenge to myself would be to complete an 8k on Saturday of that weekend and then to complete a 1/2 Marathon on Sunday.  Very doable I think.  I would also like to train a little more aggressively to make sure I meet the 2:30 time frame (or faster--sorry Tisa:) .  For my first 1/2 I pretty much trained to finish.  Time really was not a motivating factor until the end, when I should have just left well enough alone, so to speak.  I should have just maintained my usual goals which are to 1. finish and 2. to not be last.  

Whatever the reason, I am waiting for the fog to lift soon.  

No comments: