Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Year...New Me?

    The Freak Fest plus their new cousins, Ella and Blake Morrison


I can't believe it has been over a month since I posted.  My life has been in some sort of crazy holding pattern.....I think.   My workouts are off and not as many, my eating is terrible--way too much snacking, my house is messy, I have been sick and passed it to the little man......

I need a fresh start it would seem.  Initially, I had a goal of a 8k/half marathon challenge in March.  I have not been able to stick to a plan thus far to begin to training for this lofty goal.  

Last week, I ran in a 5k locally.  Ran 32:24 which is not too bad, but it is in the wrong direction since I really want to try to break the 30 min mark.

I have also been having issues with shoes.  The hubby bought me a new pair of Nike running shoes for Christmas but the sales person at the mall led him astray from a proper stability shoe.  So, I found myself making a return.  Next I ordered a pair from Nike.com, similar to my current pair (which I love and they are discontinuing).  Not the right shoe, remotely.  Sent those back.....Then, found a pair like my current ones but different color.  Again, not the right fit.  Sent those back today and ordered asics.  I really wanted Nikes to use my Nike sport band but am frustrated by the lack of places that sell Nikes locally.  I should not have to drive to get them.  Ughhhhh!  I have a trip to Richmond this weekend with my sister and will give it one more try to find the right fit and if not, then I am selling the sport band on ebay.

My lofty plan for tomorrow is to get up and attend a spinning class at 05:45 at the wellness center.  Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Ashland Dave said...

I couldn't find any 5Ks in the immediate Richmond area this weekend. The Richmond Road Runners is sponsoring the Swinging Bridge race so I guess they are tied up with that. Sorry!

Ashland Dave

Mom on the Run said...

Don't sell the sportband just because you can't find Nikes that are right. I ran into a similar problem - found out the Nikes I was using really aren't marathon training shoes, this after losing a toenail and got a pair that were better for my running style. My husband found a pouch that you can put the Nike sensor in and it works pretty well. It wasn't all that expensive and I think he found it on Amazon. Hope it helps. Happy New Year!

Steve said...

Try 3-Sports in Richmond. The West End location is good - the manager is a world class duathlete and it was one of my favorite stores when I lived near Richmond. Unfortunately, now I need to drive 15 miles to get to my local store in Hartford, CT, but I don't spend as much money because it's out of the way and not, em, "conveniently" on the way home from work! I have a new pair of Brooks to replace my almost worn out Brooks and I never thought I'd wear out multiple pairs of shoes in a year!

I enjoyed your bit on the Extra Mile Podcast from a while back (listened on the way to work this morning). My first and only half to date is the 2008 Shamrock half, but will be doing Hartford in Oct. and back to Richmond in Nov. with my old running partners! Good running!