Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cold 5K

Well, today I ran a 5k with the local running club.  Holy cow! It was soooooo cold.  22 deg to be exact.  and, windy..and, hilly....enough complaining right!

Actually, I felt pretty good after the first mile.  I thought I would improve my time a little from the last 5k but actually was about the same time.  32:35.  What can I say.  Slow and steady.  I, of course am not training like I was all of last year, so I have lost some ground.  I need to kick it in though, as the Apple Blossom 10 k is coming and I want to either do another half marathon or the Disney marathon this January.  

Wore my new Nike's.  I am so happy to have found them.

I can not believe I have turned into someone that would get out in the cold to run a silly 5k.  I think it is a change for the good though.

No comments: