Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nice 3 miles

Ran tonight after 12 hour shift with Tisa.  It felt pretty good but my legs were dragging some.  We did total of 3.5 miles with running for 3.  So, we discussed the upcoming Shamrock marathon which was to be our next goal.  We have not been training at all,  but I may have a plan to get us there if Tisa is willing.  I think we could push a little and do an 8-9 week training plan.  We can definitely run 5 miles to start this weekend and then increase 1.5 miles per weekend for long runs.  We should just make the 1/2.  It seems quite lofty, so I am not sure if we can or should train like that. 


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi,

I am catching up on podcasts and heard that you are planning on running the Shamrock 8K in Virginia Beach, VA. I am going to run that also. I ran it last year. I live in North Carolina. Haven't had a chance to read much of your blog yet. I enjoy hearing your updates on The Extra Mile Podcast. Hope that your running is improving. I felt a down after finishing a PR 5K and then a 1/2 marathon. My solution was just to keep getting out there and it is slowly coming back. There were also some overtraining issues also. Maybe we can meet up at the 8K...I have two friends that are running in it also.
Well gotta get back to work.
Keep up the great running,
Kimberly (berly6412)