Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another cold 5k, more or less...




Just completed another SVR (Shenandoah Valley Runners ) sponsored event.  Just short of a 5k.  It would seem the usual course was too muddy so modifications were made to all paved  roads through the nearby park.  The attendance is really up this year for this winter series, which is great.   I think I overheard that 175 people came out today.  My card number at the finish was #100.  I am  cool with that.  It would also seem, my speed is going nowhere quick.  I am rather consistent though which is great.  I know my training is not what it was in the fall with the half marathon.  It is fun to be a part of the organization though, a family membership is $15 a year.  

Have a great day!  My training for the Apple Blossom 10k will start ASAP.  

No comments: