Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spinning


                                                                  Image Preview

Spinning......my new obsession.   Lately, my buddy Tisa and I have been spinning.  The treadmill just seems too much for me mentally somedays.  Tisa is happy to oblige me and keeps showing up, some days at 05:45 am.  The only problem I am having is my tailbone hurts for a day after each class.  I tried a gel seat cover today with no difference noted.  

I plan to run Friday during the day outside if the weather permits.  Then, there is a 5 miler this weekend with the local running club.  I haven't actually run 5 miles in some time, so  we shall see.......

This past Tuesday, I went to Strasburg to run with my friend Morgan.  This was her first run outside after a few months of training indoors on the treadmill.  What an adjustment this can be.  I am proud of her for a great effort.  I remember how hard the transition was for me and how self conscious I was.  I know eventually, she will love being outside and it will keep her mind challenged. 

1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

I love spinning! Do you have a pair of bike shorts to wear to the class? That might help the tailbone situation. You might also check with the instructor to see if the seat is off kilter a bit or needs to be moved so it fits you better.

Good luck on your race!