Sunday, August 24, 2008

Long Run 7 miles or maybe not!

Tonight was to be a long run of 7 miles.  It was still pretty hot around 7pm when I was to meet Tisa, so we went to Clearbrook Park.  I figured it would be shady and cooler than my neighborhood.  We needed to run 12 laps around the park and we were doing great when the sun started to set and we were chased out by the groundsman who was to close at dusk.  8:15 tonight ended up  being dusk.  We only ot 11 of our 12 laps completed.  But, the run felt great.  Much better than last weeks long run felt.  Tisa did great.  I felt like we picked up speed at the end and kept a great pace.  I honestly was a little discouraged by last week's run as it was hot and it felt awful to run for 75 min.  I am really proud of how far I have come in the last year.  I know I can finish this half marathon in November and I hope Tisa will continue with me as she is doing GREAT!

No comments: