Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Running Challenge

This week should be challenging to fit in runs since I have my nephew visiting for the week.  Normally, I would just take my kids with me, Makenah and Lilah on their bikes, and Isaiah in the jogger.  But, now I have to impose on my hubby a bit more to watch Iman and Nick.  

Tonight, I ran with Tisa at the hospital.  Our usual 3.3 mile loop up to pharmacy school.  I made the mistake of eating about an hour before our run,  not just a snack but my whole meal.  MISTAKE!!!  I had a lump in my chest for the entire run.  Ughhh!  We are getting quicker though and are able to talk most of the run.  It is good to notice these little changes over time.  Makes me feel stronger.

I called the Extra Mile Podcast phone line for the first time tonight.  I felt pretty dorky and was probably jumbled, but maybe next time, my techy hubby can set me up with a recorder.  I m enjoying more podcasts.  It's good to hear about other like me with lives and hectic schedules just trying to fit it all in.



No comments: