Monday, October 13, 2008

13 miles!! Holy cow!!

Last night we did it!  Tisa and I made the 13 mile distance.  I can't believe we did it.  It makes me feel better to know that when I run the half marathon in November, I have already been able to complete the distance.  I also logged my run for the Worldwide Festival of races.    This makes me so happy to have met my commitment!  

This 13 miles was 22.8 laps around Clearbrook, so we did 23 for good measure.  My family came so I had dogs to run with for some of it and then Makenah ran a total of 5 laps.  Lots of people came and went at the park over the 2 hours and 28 minutes it took us to complete the run.  I was pretty sore afterwards and now, 24 hours later, the soreness continues and is somewhat worse in some areas.  It's a good sore though!  I hope we didn't overdo Tisa's ankle!!

A big congrats to Tisa.  1 year!!!!  You are awesome!!!

This week will be a visit to the Wellness Center for a workout, a long run with Tisa, and the Blue Ridge Hospice 5k this weekend.  

1 comment:

LIrunner9 said...

just heard you on xtra mile podcast and wanted to stop by and say congrats!! You are going to do great in your race.