Thursday, October 23, 2008

Atlantic City Trip

 
This week I ventured to Atlantic City, NJ for a conference.  My friend Karen traveled with me so that we could renew a certification in fetal monitoring.  We started our co-venturing for this fetal monitoring thing about 8 years ago, when we first traveled to New York City for the original conference and exam.  We saw Blue Man Group on that trip.

This year we thought we'd try Atlantic City.  We thought it would be a nice, relaxing trip.  We are both pretty low maintenance.  The adventure started when, just into Delaware a little neon green neon motioned to us that one of the van tires was flat.  We pulled off, changed it and found, with Doug's help via phone, a Costco to replace the whole set in 30 minutes and we were on our way.  Karen and I are both pretty handy with the jack....we won't mention out loud the lug nut covers we (I) busted when removing them.  

In Atlantic City, we did a little gambling on the slot machines.  I think we did a good job of limiting our spending.  Tuesday night, we went to the Comedy Stop at the Tropicana.  It was ok.  The best part of the evening was the dinner at PF Changs.  Yum-O!
Here is a nice shot of Karen on the beach.  The weather was quite cool, although Karen wears flip flops and birks year round.  
Our hotel was the Resorts Hotel.  We had a room in the older part for $69.00 a night.  The hotel was right on the ocean.  
Here I am after a run on the boardwalk.  I probably did 4 miles.  It was a pretty easy jog for 50 minutes.  It could have been farther but I did not bring my Nike sportband.  Who would have ever thought I would try to catch a run while at a work conference?  Never in a million years would I have done this before. I am proud of myself for making it a priority.  

Coming up, I have a run with Tisa on Friday that should be 10 miles.  I just came from the gym and some weight lifting with Hannah.  Only 3 weeks until the 1/2 marathon!!!

1 comment:

Chellie has Issues said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE that your kiddos are racing too! My son mentions it, then gets intimidated. Then the few times he did want to run with me, I didn't want him to because he'd slow me down. So selfish I know! I hope to get him running with me when I'm not feeling so competetive.