Monday, October 6, 2008

Double Digits!!


   Here I am after my first double digit run.  10 MILES!!!  Holy cow.  I was so tired.  Tisa and  I  went to our usual hang out,  Clearbrook Park.  10 miles there equals 17.6 laps so I did 18 for good measure.  I feel like this is a great accomplishment and definitely something I never thought I would do.  It makes the 1/2 marathon seem a little more attainable.

Tisa was unable to complete the full 10 but here's why.  This passed weekend, she went hiking
with some friends from work.  She did a mere 9 miles on Saturday and then 5-6 more on Sunday with a  30 lb pack on her back.  The fact that she completed 6-7 more running miles today is awesome and shows her dedication.  I am very proud of her.  


Here is a screen shot of my Nike Plus upload to show the documentation of the 10 mile run!
The weather was perfect.  70 deg with a breeze.  Sweet for running.  We have about a month left to train and I think we should be just where we need to be for the 1/2 marathon.  

1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

Great job! Looks like you've got a pretty consistent pace.