Monday, September 1, 2008

Crazy Week!



This week has been a challenge with a 5th little person in our home! My nephew Nicholas spent the week with us.  Mainly because I miss spoiling him as I did my niece and also to give my sister some much needed time off.  She works very hard to keep her life going and Nick is a handful when coupled with a very active teenager with ATTITUDE!

I was able to get in a long run with Tisa this past Friday.  7.5 miles!!!! Holy cow, I can't believe we did it.  We went to Clearbrook Park which means 13.2 laps around their track.  It was overcast and about 72 degrees.   We did the run without stopping in about 1 hour and 20 min.  Tisa even said she could have run another lap.  I was concerned that someone had taken over Tisa's body because that comment was totally out of character.  I am so proud of both of us for how far we have come.  It makes the 1/2 marathon seem more attainable. 

Yesterday 8/31, we took Nick back to Mechanicsville.  I was able to run a short run of about 3 miles in my sister's neighborhood.  It is a great place to run, flat, and some shading.  The traffic is always minimal when I am there although she says it is too much for her to walk sometimes.  I listened to a podcast while running by ashlanddave.   ashlanddave.podbean.com    I have been following him lateley catching up on back issues.  He talks during one of his weekly runs.  Pretty cool to listen to others working in runs, working toward goals and dealing with life at the same time. 

Tisa called tonight to set up a running schedule.  Hopefully will do long run this coming Monday to stay close to the weekend schedule of increasing by .5 miles each weekend.  That means 8 miles this time.  WOW!  I know we can do it. 

My daughter Hannah started a blog this week.  She will be completing 8th grade this year and I have given her this task to write a blog for the year.  She got a new Mac laptop and I am hoping to take some of the free classes at the Mac store so she can get the full effect of the computer and perfect this blogging thing.   hannahs8thgradeyear.blogspot.com



No comments: