Thursday, September 4, 2008

Big Changes/fitting it all in!

This past Monday, the Palmers took down the crib for the last time. Here is the whole Freak Fest in the crib.  Hard to believe all 4 of these people were at some time in this crib.  It has been a good one having been a purchase from a yard sale 14 years ago.  We decided to take it to the dump since it is so old and the wood for 2 of the wheel inserts is splitting.  Isaiah has taken to whole thing really well.  He jumped right up into the twin bed that night and never came out of the room ALL night.  I was hoping for a tear or two, you know, just to be needed, but he didn't event give me one!  He is such a big boy!
Makenah started riding lessons today.  She is trying this for a month and then maybe tae kwon do for a month to see what her next hobby will be.  She had lots of good comments this evening.  I am curious to see if she will even try tae kwon do.  She kissed this horse on the nose when she was grooming him at the end of the lesson. 

Now, onto me.....
I ran last night 9/3 with Tisa at Clearbrook Park.  Here is the link to a map of the park.  The red dotted area  is the course we run.  The number of laps depends on the mileage we want to cover.  Clearbrook Map   Tonight we did 6 laps for 3.4 miles.  Each lap is 3000 ft with 5280 ft being a mile.  I felt pretty comfortable with the run.  It was a little humid but the sun was setting and it is shady.  

The fun comes in me getting to the park to actually run.  My day was full of running with a dental appt in Romney (1 hour away).  I am having a bridge put in to cover 2 spaces.   Today I needed 3 shots of local for numbing.  My jaw is still killing me the next day.  Then, I came home to get the girls off the bus and Makenah has forgotten a book for homework.   We call her friend to see if we can make copies of the pages.  The friend has already c0mpleted the pages so we have to cover the answers with post it notes so as not to copy.  Lilah is dragging her feet as usual and takes 30 min to get a snack.  Now we rush out the door to get Hannah to the library, pick up Isaiah from daycare, go to the bank, then back to the library to pick up Hannah.  Now home, it is now 5:45 and Doug has not started dinner and he has to leave in 30 min to video his Wed evening regular commitment.  I am supposed to be at the park in 45 min to run.  I need this run as I have been pretty much cooped in my car for the last 3 days (Mechanicsville Mon, Charlottesville Tues, and Romney Wed. )  So we make quick spaghetti.  I am anxious with the kids because no one can eat as fast as I would like and all I am thinking about is getting to the park to run.  Seems kind of crazy when you actually stop and think of how I am making my family crazy with my need to run.  Is this really the example I want to be?

They tolerated the park well.  Hannah played with Isaiah on the swings and Makenah did homework.  Lilah, well, she is just Lilah and blissfully played and waved to me on each lap around.  Then, we loaded up, went to Target and purchased white out to finish covering all of the answers on the spelling homework that Makenah had to copy.  Bedtime, tucking in, paying bills, dishes.............


1 comment:

Vic B said...

Kim, can I be you when I grow up?