Monday, September 15, 2008

Funny Story

This morning, Isaiah came to me and asked if he could wear my Nike plus sportband.  Of course I put it on him to wear around the house.  He was still in his pjs and poopy at that.  He then went to Doug in the office and said "I go for run with Tisa".  Doug said ok and left it at that.  Isaiah then said, "bye Mommy, I go for run"

I heard the door shut and figured he was checking out the jogger on the front porch.  After a few minutes, I went out and he was no where to be found.  I yelled for him and he yelled back "I running"  He had made it about 4 houses away to the cul-de-sac, with bare feet, pjs and poopy butt.  He came to the drive way and on to the porch.  We chatted about what he was doing and he put his hands on his thighs and said "I sweaty".  How funny.  My little running man!
We had him pose for a few running shots of course after we laughed our butts off.  
Here he is checking his time on the sportband.
Here we are after our short run this afternoon.  A pretty fast one though.  I just did the neighborhood which is about 2 miles with 2 pretty good hills.  I was smoking, for me and did it in less than 20 min.  Isaiah helped me with crunches afterwards (feet on my stomach, sitting on my face, etc.  )  A funny little man!

1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

Just heard your recent update on TEM podcast and wanted to check out your blog. I LOVE this story! My four-year-old has been "training" for kids marathon so we'll go out and do her mile which normally turns into a skipping fest with questions of when is daddy going to bring water like he does for me :-) They are too much fun. Keep up the good work!