Monday, September 8, 2008

Long Run Ughhh!

Today was supposed to be a long run of 8 miles.  "supposed to" being the key phrase.  Tisa and I traveled to Berryville to run on their fitness trail.  We had heard it was approx 2 miles around so we thought 4 laps should get our 8 mile long run.  Well, the trail is actually 1.86 which times 4 = 7.44 miles, basically the same as last week.  It turned out to be okay though, because Tisa and were both pretty weak.  We are wondering if our legs were tired earlier because of running on cinders/gravel instead of pavement.  The course was flat though, with a great shaded area each time around.  The rest of this day has left me tired and kind of grumpy.  Maybe it's because I just worked 3 days in a row, although not busy, still time away from home.   

I got my NIKE+ sportband back.  I think I will give it another try.  It wasn't far off today.  Ran 7.44 and the band said 7.23.  Was good for checking our pace also.  Check out the site NIKE+ to read about the NIKE+ sportband.   I had previously had issues with it and sent it back.  I would love for it to work so that I can track my miles and check my pace. 


1 comment:

Susan said...

I just heard you on the Extra Mile Podcast (and you probably heard me, too). I enjoyed your submissions -- way to go and keep up the good work! I'll soon be a "running mom" myself, so it is good to hear your stories!

Susan in Mississippi